If you are a Gmail user, you must have to get irritated by mail from the unwanted sender. You might be wondering, how to block email id in Gmail OR how to block sender email id in Gmail OR Gmail block sender..? And why not. Every day, we get a lot of junk mails from the number of senders. And we must take appropriate actions.
Actually..!!! Its very simple.
Steps:- How to block email id in Gmail
There are 2-3 ways to block and unblock the sender on Gmail. Each way has an advantage and disadvantage in its own way. We will see them as we follow the process.
Meanwhile, once you finish this article, you can check our other articles for more knowledge and daily use as per your interest.
Method 1 – Using the “block sender” option
1. Open mail from the sender you want to block
2. Click on Down arrow in the right-hand corner of the mail
3. Click on Block “Sender’s Name”
4. Click on Block for confirmation
5. Open mail from the sender you want to Unblock
6. Click on Down arrow in the right-hand corner of the mail
7. Click on Unblock “Sender’s Name”
8. Click on Unblock for confirmation
Method 2 – Using filtering Option
1. Click on down arrow beside search bar at the top in Gmail
2. Type the address of the sender you want to block in FROM field
3. Click “Create filter with this search” at the right-hand bottom of the dropdown
4. Select “Delete it” option and click on “Create filter”
5. Click on the gear icon on the right side and then “Settings”
6. Click on Filter and Blocked Addresses
7. Click on “unblock” beside email address you want to unblock
Method 3 – Using Chrome Extension (Block Sender)
1. Install Block Sender
2. Open mail from the sender you want to block and click “block”
3. Click on “Unblock Sender” to unblock the sender
I will personally recommend not to use the “Block Sender” extension at all. It allows only 5 blocks. Once you use 5 blocks (email address), it asks you for a paid version. And it’s not worth at all as the same service is freely available from google. Please check the below image.
You can opt for any of the first two methods. Both are good and easy to process. Although, If you ask me, I will suggest filtering one. It directly sends junk emails to the trash and its time-saving factor in today’s world where everyone is counting on seconds.
I hope you understand and followed all the steps easily. If you stuck at any point, let me know your queries so I can solve them.
If you have any other techniques, please share them through comments. It will be helpful to our readers and me as well.
And if you liked the post, please share it with your friends and colleagues.