I must have written this article by December End only. Though it’s not too late, I could have started early. You must know the gravity of the early start. If you want to be a blogger and make money out of it, you must not waste a single day.
Make money online from blogging is not an easy way as you might feel. It needs patience, dedication, timely reply, study, social media presence, interactive communication through comments, and much more. But, once your blog is a big hit, you can make passive income just like other blogging platforms who earn well.
If you are new to the blogging concept and don’t know anything about it, you can start with the following basic articles.
How to make money online from blogging in 2020
There are a number of ways to earn through blogging. I was confused about how to explain that many ways to my readers. But this image helped me to explain them beautifully. There are lots of ways in this image but I will explain those which I know myself.
One of the highly trending ways to earn money through blogging. Many bloggers get inspired by blogging because of advertisements.
Working – Advertisers check your traffic quantity, quality, and visitors’ niche. Based on the report and their requirement, they make a deal with you and give you ads to display on your site for the promotion of their product/services.
Types – You can see various types in the above image. Yessss.!!! You can use that many ways. But, you must be a very very very strong and popular blogger to use that many ways at a time.
All those types in an image, are kind of sub-types. Here are the basic types. These are just like affiliate types.
- Direct Advertisement – When a company gives direct ads to bloggers without any mediator like ad networks, it’s a Direct Advertisement. It can generate good money compared to Ad Network OR Google Adsense. But you need to be in search of such advertisers. Very few advertisers go for direct ads.
- Ad Networks – Network of multiple Advertisers. They have a large collection of different advertisers. You need to sign up. Each advertiser has its own requirement with traffic and niche. If your site matches the requirement, Ad Network shows an ad on your site. And you neither need to search for advertisers nor need to track anything. Ex – Media.net, RevenueHits, InfoLinks
- Google Adsense – It is a kind of network only. But works a little bit differently. It does not need to match any requirement. Google Adsense go through your website content and display ad accordingly. It is much cheaper than Ad Network & Direct Ads.
- Sponsored Post – Sponsored Post contains an article. It is not only an ad(image) based. It is a concept where bloggers write specific articles about particular products or services. Such article help sponsor to get thousands of unique visitors to know their products or services. Meanwhile, the Sponsor pays the amount as agreed for that Sponsored Post.
2. Affiliate Marketing
Almost every blogger uses this way as it is highly money-spinning and does not need much of special efforts. You just need the traffic to get going.
Working – Affiliate marketing means; You recommend some products to your readers based on your own experience & share links with them. When users click on these links, they redirect to a particular website. If they purchase your suggested product/services or make any deposit on that site, you get a commission.
Note – If user visit the site but do not purchase any product or make any deposit, you don’t get the commission.
Types – Affiliate Marketing works through various types.
- Direct Affiliate – Companies that provide direct affiliate links come under this type. You need to register with there affiliate program. They assign you an affiliate id. Now, you can use this id with any of their product links. Ex – Inmotion Hosting, Hostgator, Hostinger, etc
- Affiliate Network – It means affiliates of various companies at a single place. There are lots of affiliate networks available in the market like Commission Junction, Clickbank, Rakuten, Lynda, etc.
- E-commerce Sites – E-com giants like Flipkart, Amazon, E-bay gives you the opportunity to earn through their affiliate system. They have a huge product list with various commissions. More product list, more commission.
You can read the complete concept of Affiliate Marketing here.
You can earn good money by providing different services. Services are trending nowadays and generate good money. Only thing is, you must be master in your field.
Working – Usually, bloggers never display services on his site. It is because, if he focuses on services, he could lose control and traffic from blogging. Whereas visitors might get confused that, either you are a blogger or developer. And so, it can affect your blog.
But if you can manage blogging and services very well at a time, you can mention it on your site. Its completely bloggers call.
Types – There are various types of services
Freelancing, Coaching, Training, Consulting, Designing, Content Writing, Bug Fixes, Website Maintenance, etc
Best long term way to earn is to have your own product. It will be difficult to start. But if you have good relation and trustfulness with your readers, you are good to go. Everyone wants good quality and timely service. You must provide it.
Types – As we are in a technological world, Products are divided into two basic categories.
- Virtual – Virtual products are products that are not physical or intangible. Its ratio is increasing day by day because of advanced technology. These products are in digital format. Ex. E-book, Software’s, Online Courses, Apps, Themes, Scripts, Images, etc
- Physical – These products can be touched physically. You can carry them from one place to another. Ex. Books, Merchandise, Teaching Material, etc
Note – I mentioned this way as the best long term way to earn. Its because; above ways other than product creates dependability. If the affiliate company stops affiliation (Ex. Bluehost) OR advertisement company stops advertisement OR clients won’t offer work, it creates insecurity somewhere in your mind.
If you go for products and you get positive feedback from readers, you can go miles. Most importantly, you won’t need to rely on others.
If you have premium data, you can earn through membership. Its a kind of recurring income. Suppose, you have content that you want to share with paid users only, membership is the perfect solution.
Working – User needs to register and become a paid member of your site. Once he is a member, he can access the private content from his account. This membership can be 1, 3, 6, 12 months. The user can choose the duration as per his requirement and comfort.
- Private Communities – Like forums where you can have private discussion OR can get personal advice
- Coaching – Membership for coaching content like videos/study material. (Ex – Lynda, Udemy)
- Job Boards – Access to Job Boards (Ex – Workable)
If you have a million visitors/day traffic, you can host events on your blog. You can arrange summits, webinars, workshops, etc. If you move one step ahead towards advancement, you can host live events too.
You need to take care of only one thing, i.e, all these events must be useful to your readers, members. If your hosted events are not co-related to readers, you might lose them adversely affecting the quality of the blog.
As far as the blogging platform is concerned, it is currently not in many trends, but it will become soon. But, it is not as easy as it seems. You need expertise, dedication, and a good team.
Few other ways are also available which include selling blogs, get paid for reviews, donations, etc. Blog selling options used by many bloggers but others are rarely used.
As you saw, there are lots of ways to make money through blogging. All of these ways work differently. One fact is common that all of them need huge traffic. You can earn through blogging than only when you have a lot of traffic on your site.
In order to maintain traffic, you need to maintain the quality of content. If the content is not useful to readers, it will affect traffic. And so, it will indirectly affect your earning.
Most bloggers go for common ways i.e affiliate, advertisement, products, and membership. These ways are used on a large scale. Whereas remaining are used very rarely. You can choose any way according to your requirement.
If you have another source to earn through blogging, you can mention it in our comment section. It will help our readers.
I hope you liked this article. Share it with your friends and colleagues.